Monday, October 27, 2014

Hanky Show - Ann Engelman


Ann Engelman

BOBBIE'S HANKIE BUFFET:
PEARLS FROM THE CIRCLE, STORIES IN STITCHES

Our Embroidery Circle meets Wednesday’s at the Lakeside Cafe in Madison, Wisconsin. Leslee Nelson inspired me to embroider vintage hankies.

On May 14, 2014 Member Bobbie Malone brought her collection of hankies. Everyone appreciated how beautiful they were. Generously, Bobbie suggested that we each take one and embroider it. Excitement built as ideas where explored. There were so many stories! We decided to do a show displaying all the completed hankies.

During our Circle bits of wisdom would be imparted by group members, often in passing but immediately identified as a quote to be remembered. They were recorded and posted to the Circle blog.   MakingMemoryCloths.blogspot.com

I collected some of my favorite “pearls” of the Circle.



* Do what your hands want to do.

* I love when I surprise myself.

* The thing about French knots. . .each one is a little triumph!

* Done is good.




August 20, 2014











No comments:

Post a Comment