Thursday, December 22, 2022

Cynthia Quinn OLIVIA

 Cynthia Quinn

OLIVIA

Materials: Vintage linens, hand-embroidery

 

In memory of dear Olivia who died at age six 

from T-cell lymphoma.


Story - When my six year old Cardigan Welsh Corgi, Olivia,

was diagnosed with T-cell lymphoma she was given a month 

or two to live. We knew treatment was futile and set about to 

make her remaining days happy ones. She was all about food,

so I began making her a custom, immune-building diet that I

had heard about. She loved it so much and eventually I had it

memorized to make each week. She ended up living six more

months that I attribute to the food and most were quality days.

 

The poem stitched on her memory cloth is by Mary Oliver. 

Her insights about nature and her love of dogs says it all. 





No comments:

Post a Comment