Wednesday, October 21, 2020

TREASURED MEMORIES Ann Engelman

                                                                    Ann Engelman

Garden Memories

This box, created over several months, collected memories from my Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin garden of 19 years and bits from my gardens and garden collections. The end of the dining room table became the repository for all options and was a tableau in itself. From this I began to picture three panels that would embody the joy I get from my gardens.

I want you, a visitor to my garden memories, to be able to open the box and pull out the little hand stamped accordion book that holds my memories. The text, in case you do not feel comfortable doing this is:

Won’t you come into my garden?

I would like my flowers to meet you.

White picket fence garden is the smile of the house,

many birds and bird songs, Zinnia garden,

mailbox for tools, decorated compost bin, shade garden,

growing good soil, bottom garden, pollinator gardens,

Mary garden, meadow, beauty of the river, lavender,

Jeramiah the Bullfrog, peonies, the wishing frog,

Scented Geraniums, little library, Engelman Ivy,

gardens books, cut out pictures, seed catalogues,

plants from friends, kitten Zoe found in the garden,

Carol in the garden, the pond, goldfish, woodpeckers,

flood of 2008, rooster Victor and the girls, oxalis,

Great Horned owl at dusk in the lawn, the long view,

Sweet Annie, Quaker Bonnet lily, pollinator garden,

shade garden, Bird Girl, Monarch chrysalis, herbs,

Burr Oak seedling, Aries the goat, garden path, chimes,

destination benches, view of the bridge, fallen Mulberry.


                        Ann Engelman GARDEN MEMORIES



No comments:

Post a Comment