Thursday, August 26, 2021

Kris Dohm, Ann Engelman, Joan Klaski - Dream a Little Dream of Me


Dream a Little Dream of Me

Embroidery on vintage pillow cases

Kris Dohm, Ann Engelman, Joan Klaski

This collaborative project connected three vintage pillowcases via a poetic song about dreaming and a romantic notion. The song’s mu- sic was written by Fabian Andre and Wilber Schwandt, lyrics by Gus Kahn in 1931. It was sung by The Mommas and The Pappas.

Stars shining bright above you
Night breezes seem to whisper “I love you” Birds singing in the sycamore tree
Dream a little dream of me

Say “Night-ie night” and kiss me
Just hold me tight and tell me you’ll miss me While I’m alone and blue as can be
Dream a little dream of me

Stars fading, but I linger on, dear Still craving your kiss
I’m longing to linger till dawn, dear Just saying this

Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you
Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you But in your dreams whatever they be
Dream a little dream of me

Stars fading, but I linger on, dear Still craving your kiss
I’m longing to linger till dawn, dear Just saying this

Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you
Sweet dreams that leave all worries far behind you But in your dreams whatever they be
Dream a little dream of me




Kris Dohm


                                                          Ann Engelman


                                                               Joan Klaski

No comments:

Post a Comment