Monday, October 12, 2015

Kris Dohm RED THREAD


Red Thread                                                                                   
Vintage Linen, embellished.  10” x 11”

The “Red Thread” quote is from a Chinese saying.  It perfectly reflects how I felt when meeting my first grandchild, adopted from Taiwan.  I imagined her looking out the window at the same moon as I, not yet knowing that we’d meet, when we’d meet.

Fabric and fibers are my choice of artistic medium.  I have sewn, quilted, stitched, printed, dyed and collected all kinds of textiles and trims for most of my life.  I recently have connected with a circle of like minded stitchers and reconnected with my love of hand stitching.  One of my favorite forms of art is using vintage linens and trims in my work to both honor the original makers and add my own mark.

I sell some of my work at CharlotteOnSunday.etsy.com

4 comments:

  1. I am very happy to read this. This is the kind of manual that needs to be given and not the accidental misinformation that's at the other posts. Appreciate your sharing this greatest doc. cheap trendy women's clothing

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have given a variety of unique information that impressed me to read your blog very thoroughly. As your blog is very informative and unique. I suggest all to read it must. . The complete information is very vast and knowledgeable. I have bought some fashion stuff from this site Pakistani fancy dresses with prices and found very valuable. Every person should try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete