Monday, October 27, 2014

Hanky Show - Cynthia Quinn


Cynthia Quinn

Remembrance Day

Our friend and colleague, Bobbie brought her extensive collection 
of antique hankies to a group meeting and generously offered each of us one of our choosing to embellish. 
I liked the yellow hankie with purple poppies, but, once in my possession wasn't sure what to add. 

For ideas I decided to search the internet for information about purple poppies. To my surprise, I discovered the purple poppy is a symbol for Remembrance Day, November 11th, honoring animals killed in wars. Being a passionate animal lover (wild or otherwise) I decided to stitch mine to bring awareness to the unasked for plight of many types of animals. As human beings we make choices and take actions that other beings and our environment pay dearly for. There is no honor in that.





No comments:

Post a Comment