Saturday, October 16, 2021

Ann Engelman -- Terry’s YoYo Buffet

Terry’s YoYo Buffet
Ann Engelman

Materials. Vintage hankie, cotton pieces and embroidery floss

The Memory Cloth Circle is filled with generous sisters. We stitch and share every week. Sometimes the sharing includes materials, bits and pieces, scraps, no longer needed and sewing items. Sometimes rick rack!

 

One particular week Terri brought in a big bag of yo-yos, all different shapes and sizes. I got to the bag first and about swooned! But too much for one person, I took it over to another table and dumped them out. I began to sort through the circles and was followed by curious stitchers and, pretty soon, the table was surrounded by happy, delighted sisters ooo-ing and ahh-ing. Smiles and laughter and “Look at this one!” filled our gathering.


As I stepped back to let someone else have my seat I just looked at the scene!

The memory of dear ones happily enjoying carefully stitched fabric circles and delighting in the eye candy will forever be one of my treasured meditations. It was a buffet of riches, Terry’s yo-yo buffet.










 

1 comment: